A little-known iPhone trick has been sending users crazy – after discovering they can screenshot by simply tapping the back of their device.
Normally, screenshotting on the phone would involve holding down the Side Button and Volume Up button.
However, in the iOS 14 update, users are now able to screenshot just by tapping on the Apple logo on the back of their phone.
The ‘Back Tap’ feature can be used for a variety of different actions though – not just screenshotting – and can be available through the Accessibility
And, for the most part, users note finding themselves able to screenshot through iPhone cases too.
How to set up iPhone Back Tap:
- Make sure your iPhone is updated to iOS14.
- Open settings
- Open ‘Accessibility’
- Open ‘Touch’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and choose ‘Back Tap’
- Select ‘Double Tap’ or ‘Triple Tap’ to pick an action
- Select the ‘screenshot’ option for screenshots.
- Now, when you double tap the Apple logo, your phone will screenshot.